Many experts know they must gain visibility so their market will find them, but seem to struggle with how to do this. The best way to be visible is to be visible.
This might seem a play on words, but truth be told, many people are waiting to get discovered rather than being proactive about getting their name out to market.
You absolutely must drive your opportunities to gain visibility. Here are five simple ways.
1. Blogging. Regardless of whether you’re a seasoned pro or in the beginning stages of gaining visibility, one of the most important things to do is post on your own blog. This allows you to position your perspective and point of view.
You’ll need to promote the content in as many locations as possible including to your email subscribers, social networks and anywhere your market “hangs out.”
Put together a posting schedule which will keep you on track with consistent posting. You can’t expect to do one blog post and miraculously have opportunity drop from the heavens. Getting your name out to market requires consistent effort.
2. Social media. What social networks does your market frequent? Pick 3 -5 networks you can focus on and then go deep into each of these. The challenge resides in all the choices available.
Rather than spreading yourself too thin, focus only on the 3 -5 you have determined will get you the greatest result. As with your blog, be consistent.
3. Interviews. There are plenty of podcast and web radio show hosts looking for experts to interview. If you have an area of expertise, find shows you can be a featured expert on . iTunes and Blog Talk Radio are both great choices to get your message out to market.
Search for shows that would be a great match for your expertise. Listen to a few episodes to get a feel for the format. Based on your research, contact the host to see if you can be a guest on the show.
Recently, I had the opportunity to be a featured expert on D’vorah Lansky’s podcast show, Podcasting Success Secrets for Authors and Entrepreneurs. Not only did I have a great time, D’vorah is very proactive in marketing her show. A win/win/win. Win for the audience who will learn awesome info. Win for D’vorah in that her audience will appreciate the content. Win for me in that I gain visibility to my “sweet spot” market.
4. Teleseminars/webinars. Host your own telesminar or webinar. This offers the opportunity to position your expertise with your market. It will require you promote the teleseminar/webinar. Put a promotions plan together and then work the plan…consistently.
5. Guest blogging. The easiest way to create opportunities to be a guest blogger is to have a solid online foot print of your writing. What this means is the more you are visible in a number of locations the more opportunity you will experience.
With guest blogging, as with interviews, do your research to find those blogs that are a good match for your expertise and market. Study the blog and then contact the blog owner to inquire about guest blogging opportunities.
No matter where you want to be seen, do your research and be fully prepared to jump on opportunity.
The more organized you are the better. As soon as an opportunity presents itself, respond in a timely fashion. Be easy to work with and provide outstanding content and you will have ample opportunity to increase your market reach.
To share this post, click the social network icons below.